Outside Looking In

ou: Who Am I?

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Can I?

Can I get to know you well?

Can I live at your side?

Know your inner desires, your next step,

What troubles your mind…

How can I make you feel for me, what I feel for you?

And not feel guilty by the way you do it or not?

Can I get to know you deep well?

Get into your little world,

Where you will always be safe and never hurt.

How can I just live with you here so close and so distant at the same time?

I know you’re free

You have your ways, you have you thoughts,

You have your time, your wantings

How can I be that selfish,

Not wanting you to live that?

I, too, have my ways, my thoughts,

My time, my wantings

How can I get to show you

That my way and your way can be our way?

That my time and your time can be our time?

That my wantings and your wantings can be arranged to our wantings?

And that my thoughts, and your thoughts can turn to hours and hours of conversation

Of inner knowing, of story to be tell

We can be ours, without just getting used to each other

Knowing ourselves everyday, sharing bad and good

Crying and laughing

Trading and treating

Forgiven and apologizing

How can I get to you, and bring you to me?